How to get a college education - Free federal grants for single mothers

Women have fewer rights than men in many parts of the world. But even in developed countries, where they have the same legal rights of men, there is still a certain degree of discrimination in the workplace. Mothers are worse off, because regardless of whether they are widowed, divorced or single by choice, they face social stigma. It can be really bad for people with low incomes, because it is human nature to blame those who are less fortunate. The solution is to bite the bullet, get a college education, go to college and get a good job. In the end, nothing will change the minds of others more quickly and have success.

The problem is that the university is expensive. This would not be a problem for someone with money, but then, a single mother with money would be no problems with its neighbors and the community. So what to do? Fortunately, the answer is simple - you can request a free federal grants for single mothers from FAFSA.

First, it needs to enroll in a college. Once it is accepted, you can make your FAFSA application. When his results are out, he had to take his relationship to the financial aid office at his college, where they will help you get the appropriate forms, for example, to apply for the Pell grant for single mothers.

If an adult woman wants to get more educational grant money, there are three important points that need to keep in mind when choosing a school:

The university must offer the course you want to study on a part-time job that fits into its existing work program. If you are a single mom, is probably working full-time to support her children. You can also do overtime. Your college must support its program, otherwise you will not be able to earn enough credits to graduate.

The fee must be relatively low. Based on data from a 2009 survey in the lower part of the tuition is $ 9000 and the high end is about $ 16,000. You should choose a college that loads on the low end, or she has no way to pay for his studies, even with the help of scholarships and fellowships.

The college must participate in the largest number of state and federal government grants (check with your financial aid office). Unfortunately, not all colleges are participants in all programs of government subsidies. E 'in part at the discretion of the college, and sometimes a particular college, can not be allowed to take part in some financial assistance program of the government.

Low-income mothers Most individuals should be able to get federal and state grants enough free without paying taxes of their college enrollment. However, if it is in the lower middle class, she may need to borrow a student loan to pay the remaining amount of their tuition fees. Fortunately, the Federal subsidized Stafford student loan allows you to borrow up to $ 3,500 for his first year of studies, only 5.6% interest. If necessary, you can borrow money more and more in his second and third years.